Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Portions to Ponder


"The reason one writes isn't the fact he wants to say something. He writes because he has something to say."  F. Scott Fitzgerald


A year ago when I set up this blog I determined that I would only write when I "had something to say".  I love writing (and talking :) but I resolved in my heart and mind to only write when I felt God Himself leading me to say something that resounded in our hearts.  Hence, the heart 2 heart...

There have been light blogs...there have been "cheesy" blogs...at the times I felt light and "silly". And there have been the postings of a more serious note.  Sometimes there have been long days in between my digital thoughts.  Days and weeks of me catching up to life.

Those last weeks of 2012 I wrestled with writing...what do I have to say; the holidays wore me out a bit and nothing was stirring in this old heart of mine.  Today, as I quietly sat with my cup and waited for "my portion", my heart reawakened.  Sometimes, all it takes is to stop and be quiet!!

Psalm 16, verse 5, "Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup."  So, once in awhile, you will see me posting my "portions to ponder".  And today, four tidbits of truth found their way into my heart - may I share them with you?

Simple, no rambling....

** Genesis 22   TRUST is a foundational stone (or pillar) of my relationship with GOD.  Without it, my relationship has nothing to stand on.'

** Luke 10:16   PEACE...I have a resource of peace to bestow on those whose lives I touch.  I am a conduit of the PEACE that comes from TRUST.

** Luke 10:33   NEIGHBOR...our "neighbor" is the one whom everyone else passes by...

** Luke 10:38-42  HOSPITALITY...Hospitality opens a door to sit at the feet of Jesus.

What do we do with this?  Are they simple words, or do they find a place in our hearts to be nurtured into life altering truth?  So, from His heart to mine....from my heart to yours....

Photo: FreeFoto.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment