Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Family Circus

I didn't buy a zoo....I inherited a circus...

I promised my mother I would marry someone whose name she could pronounce AND who would speak English....it was always a concern for her :)

Interestingly, when I married my Russian/Ukrainian/Australian love of my life, he could speak English...but his name translated is a form of the word "wild"...hmm...four children later and we are a wild family :)

When we lived in Russia in the early 90's, we stayed for months in a hotel that housed the "Moscow Circus" when they were in town.  The wild family staying in the circus hotel...it fits.



Over the years, not much has changed....I still do a balancing act.

In the weeks to come....

**two adult daughters moving home 
**one friend staying in our downstairs bedroom moving out
**one adult daughter leaving for Germany for 6 months
**one husband leaving for a month-long missions trip (obtaining visa is a matter of prayer in these days leading up to departure...please pray!)
**one wife/mother/events & schedule coordinator hoping to join husband in last week and half of trip
**one son beginning senior year of high school
**culminating in literally 5 adults living in same house.....

My heart is doing a balancing act....I will miss my daughter tooooo much.  

I do not like shopping (I know...weird for a woman :), and keeping food in this home is a full-time job.

I do not like cleaning house....enough said.

I rather got used to having my personal space and quiet times....

My heart tends to worry a bit when income is low and needs are high.

And as I walk this tightrope of faith amidst the changes of life, family needs and schedules, I remember well...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths (and your balancing act secure-my words :) straight."  Prov. 3:5,6


AND I WOULDN'T TRADE MY LIFE FOR ANYTHING

However, if you see me surrounded by lions, dancing bears, elephants and a clown or two....


Hmm....I may have an idea for a photo Christmas card...



2 comments:

:) I love you! your writing makes me smile, laugh, cry, giggle, AND it encourages me. And I read every thing you write on here.

Debby,
We heard a wonderful sermon by Mike Herron while in Kamchatka a few weeks ago...we are asking the Lord for fish and bread (Mike's take = anything needed to do the will of God), so of course he will grant it to us! No need to fear that we will receive snakes and rocks....God will provide! Luke 11 and Matt 6.
Malana

Post a Comment