Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Is it really June?

I turned around and June was already on my doorstep...really!  When did this happen?  Somehow in the chaos of finishing off school, weeding the flower beds, planning graduation parties and sending my husband off on another trip, this month snuck up on me.  Taking a big deep breath, I am looking behind and in front with the anticipation of some "free" non-structured time to pursue some interests.  Isn't summertime supposed to be less stressful and busy?  Someone tell me it is so :)

These last nine months I followed the path of my youngest son finishing off his school years.  A bit of an emotional roller coaster, but what a fun ride!  As we watched him and a group of his closest friends, my heart was grateful for the adventure.  The sigh of "we did it!" echoed in my spirit. This was especially poignant for me as he is our youngest.  We have watched an incredibly cute young boy develop into an amazing man of character. His band of "brothers" walked that procession together and we moms and dads swelled with pride.   These boys had spent their high school years together in a small discipleship group at church.  They played, worked and grew together.  Standing to receive their diplomas, these young men turned their heads to us and lowered their heads.  Stamped across the top of their caps were the letters "I LOVE MOM".


And yes, there wasn't a dry eye among us.  

We moms are still breathing in life from that moment.  It will be the highlight of our summer and one of those treasures we hold dear to our hearts.  In three short months, our little boys will venture off to college and life will change.  I know this because I have sent off three before this one.  Life will never be the same.  And that is okay.  I think.  

I reached a milestone this week.  Four children, now adults, school years finished, empty nest...well not quite.  We are in a season of change, transition and finding our way.  Economics and life have placed us all in the same house for the time being.  And that is okay... for now :)  

As I mulled and climbed over this milestone, I am challenged once again to launch out and make use of the new season ahead of me. I am planning on taking a few weeks and writing more.  I began about a year ago to put our "stories" on paper.  My files are getting larger I am happy to say.  I am taking a few online courses and reading more on writing.  Someone said, "If you don't have time to read, you don't have time to write."  I like that.  I love to read.   My summer, or at least the next two months of it, will take on a writing mode.  Some of that will appear in this blog, some in my private domain as I practice, experiment and venture into a world of having my stories critiqued.  Up to this point, stories have been gathering dust...in my files and in my mind.  It is time to bring them out.   


This morning I read in Philippians 1:12 "...that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the Gospel."  Who doesn't want their life to advance the Gospel?  By telling my stories, what life has taught me, in my own simple way, God's love for us and His care over our lives can be told.  A story isn't a story until it is told.....

How many of you have a story to tell?  Are you at a season where you could be writing it all down?  This world needs to hear from you!  You have something to share and someone needs to hear it!   No one else has lived your life, known your joys, known your pain, known the growth and lessons God and life have taught you.  Perhaps it is time to tell....

June is before us.....July and August around the corner.  My prayer for you is these months will hold time for you to pursue your dreams and enjoy the love of family and friends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment