Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ch...ch...ch...changes

Ch..ch...ch...changes.....remember the song? The lyrics of my life are different than David Bowie's but the changes surrounding me are real enough.

I woke this morning trying to figure out what time it was in Germany and where my daughter was at that moment...had she arrived, was she on a train, or wandering about wondering how to get where she needed to be?  I also wondered who still lived in my house and how many people were sleeping downstairs?  You have to be here to understand that one :)  

Boxes are gradually being unpacked and one daughter getting settled back in a bedroom with a real bed to sleep in.  Some have moved in, some have moved out.  I found a sock in the wash that I had no idea who it belonged to (this is a regular occurrence by the way but it seemed funnier this time...and it was only one sock and bright red!)  School begins next week and I think I still have one child at home in school.  At least he was here yesterday!

The visa arrived for my husband with all the right dates!!  Whew!  Glad that nightmare is over!  Flight booked, visas in order and one more week of packing, unpacking and figuring out who is where for the autumn months.

I love my life and love my family even more!  And I serve and love a God who is always there in the midst of the change...everything or one thing can change around us at a moment's notice and yet, He remains the same faithful and caring God as He has always been.

He is a Rock - a Fortress in the pounding waves and shifting sands of this life...

Tomorrow...what will look the same?

** our health
** our finances
** our employment
** our education
** our ministry
** our loved ones (family and friends)
** our homes
** our country
** our world
** our leaders

WHO do we put our ultimate TRUST in?  WHO bring us the PEACE we need when everything around us is noisy?  WHO speaks a whisper when we need one?  WHO brings sense to our lives when nothing is clear?  WHO do we turn to when we just need a few moments to be quiet and rest our unsettled soul?


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:5



My changes in this season of my life are "manageable"...but for some, the changes are radical, life never will look quite the same again...a new normal.  Today, if you feel unsettled, the wind is a bit too loud or the ground is shifting a little too much, remember HIM who is right beside you...a whisper away.  

"For Jesus doesn't change - yesterday, today, tomorrow, he's always totally himself."  Hebrews 13:8 (Message Version)

I know I have blogged something similar to this before, but doesn't it seem like changes are always with us?  We need a constant reminder that HE is constant!  I'll close with one of my absolutely favorite visuals...and I've posted this one before too...






0 comments:

Post a Comment