Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Got You Babe

I didn't wake up this morning to strains of "I Got You Babe", but I could have.  This song got stuck in my head last night when I realized what day it would be today.  I love this movie and so in the spirit of the day..."Happy GroundHog's Day!"  


I am not sure I understand how this works though....in this part of the country, I am sure our furry friend would have seen his shadow, which would mean 6 more weeks of winter :(  But in Punxsutawny, Pennsylvania, good ole' Phil would not have been able to dig himself out of the snow to even look for a shadow.  So according to old tradition, there will not be 6 more weeks of winter (at least on the east coast)!


Therefore, on this traditional day of determining how we dress for the next month and a half, enjoy your day and if you have time in the evening, light that fire, get that hot cup of cocoa, watch a great movie and sing along "I Got You Babe":


They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you

HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe
I got you babe

They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent

 I guess that's so, we don't have a pot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got

HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe
I got you babe

I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
 And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around

Don't let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
 Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

HIM: Babe
BOTH: I got you babe
I got you babe

HIM: I got you to hold my hand
HER: I got you to understand
HIM: I got you to walk with me
HER: I got you to talk with me
I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so

BOTH: I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe




1 comments:

Hi,

I have visited your weblog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 3 months ago? You are invited to follow our weblog if you like it.

My husband and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and my weblog is mostly about him. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog but you can read and watch English ones.

My weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

May Jesus bless you,

Afsoon

Post a Comment