Tuesday, October 4, 2011

He Is Not Sleeping

My son came home from school the other day and asked me a question.  "Mom, what is your greatest fear?"  Ouch...don't like that one!  But, I hesitantly answered "having my family suddenly taken from me in death."  That's a big one for a mom!  He responded by saying, "That's the same thing my teacher said."  I assured him that is probably very normal for a mom to say.  However, the Spirit prompted my heart at that moment and reminded me "that isn't really your greatest fear, is it?"  Turning to my son, I said "Actually, in all honesty that's not my greatest or deepest fear...or rather my deepest concern....is that my children would grow up not loving God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength, and loving their neighbors as themselves.  You loving and serving God is my deepest desire."


We are studying the Psalms of Ascent (Psalms 120-134) in Bible study.


I had a dream last night.  I awoke in fear and trembling.  I couldn't attribute it to anything...not a late night snack or movie or any of the physical things you might say caused you to "dream".  In trying to shake it off and fall back asleep, I prayed for the protection of my husband and children.  Even as I sent my son off to school this morning, I was wondering "What was that all about?"  Probably protection for our children when they are out from under our care - even as they are adults and forging their own way in this world - becomes a great concern for us mothers.


As I studied Psalm 121 this morning in my devotions God brought my heart and mind back around to His perspective. Not only in my life, but also in the lives of those I care deeply about.  In simple words....and my paraphrase of Psalm 121....


I look around at this world around me, and where, Oh where, can help possibly come from?


My HELP comes from the ONE who made THIS world and IS STILL IN CONTROL OF IT!


He will not let me slip or stumble, as I trust and listen to Him.


He doesn't sleep and take His eyes off of me!


He SHELTERS me....He holds my right hand (the Amplified Bible says this is the side that does not carry a shield!)


YAHWEH, My KEEPER, protects me and keeps me from being scorched by the sun or the heat of the day.  He doesn't let me be scorched by my own misbeliefs or fears.  Nor does He let me be scorched by the human and false beliefs of this world that surrounds me.


He PROTECTS me from the harm that I don't even see...


Yesterday, TODAY and FOREVER!


While I am on this journey called life, I am so relieved that HE is not sleeping and is in control of all that comes into my life....and yours!



1 comments:

but He sure allows some things to happen in life that make ya wonder where exactly He as . . .

Post a Comment